Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Love is friendship on fire...

Okay, I admit it... I'm totally girly, but this little phrase sticks with me everytime I hear it.

I just like the idea... I realize there is a lot more to enduring love in relationships, especially the biblical "agape" love we are called to show others as followers of Christ. There are all sorts of verses and studies and books and sermons and websites dedicated to the different aspects of love. There are theological perspectives on love and God's character, His sovereignty, and His love for man. There are millions of resources and ideas out there.

But for now, I just want to have a purely naive, idealistic, unintellectual moment to dwell on the possibility that maybe it isn't nearly as difficult as we tend to make it...

I think there is a lot of truth in this little statement.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks Lee! Welcome to the blog world.. Look forward to seeing you more often. :)

Chris said...

I agree with this comment.
I mean how can you have an intimate relationship with someone if you can't be close enough to be friends. Isn't that what makes friendship so wonderful, having someone that accepts you for who you are regardless of faults and flaws?

Todd Richards said...

I hear you, Jessica... I am a romantic at heart (which is difficult for my reflective mind to understand at times).

Anonymous said...

This was a great quote Jessica. And I LOVE your new Bio picture. Too cute.

Erin said...

My parents are my perfect example of this. They have been married 30 years, and they truly are best friends. They talk about everything, and they genuinely like each other. But we still catch them flirting with each other, and they hold hands all the time, and sometimes my Dad whistles at my Mom. It's wonderful...

Lori Latham said...

"The best relationships are friendships that catch on fire" is what I always say!