Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reading between the lines...

One of the things that I've become more and more aware of over the past several years is how easily my mind is influenced by what I read or hear and how important it is to be discerning that even the "Christian" books I am reading are based on the whole counsel of God's Word. Anything else is not only wasted energy and time that I could be spending on something more edifying, but also potentially dangerous to the renewal of my mind, hindering my walk with Christ by allowing false doctrines to seep into my thinking.

Given the many warnings in scripture to not be taken captive or led astray by false doctrines or the wisdom of the world, here is one resource I've found helpful in researching books or authors that I run across.

Diet of Bookworms - "This site is a collection of links to discerning reviews of Christian books. It is a resource for Christians to research books and authors. We collect reviews written by discerning readers and link to them from this site. Once our editors have reviewed the book, we generally provide a consensus view of the book."

I'm sure there are several other great resources out there as well as this one; I'm always interested in recommendations if anyone else has a favorite!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Thank-you so much for that website! I'm definitely going to have to bookmark that one.