Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"Save Joel's Blog"

Once upon a time, there was a blogger named Joel. Joel was a good blogger. His posts were funny, yet inquisitive with just the right mix of wit and intellectualism... He made you think. He made you laugh. He made you look at the world a little differently each day. Let's face it - he made you want to be a better man/woman. :)

Then one day, Joel met a girl named Taylor. Joel liked Taylor (a lot). Joel pursued Taylor. Taylor liked Joel (a lot). Joel asked Taylor to marry him, and they are now engaged!!! Go Joel!

Obviously Joel is a quite a cool guy for someone as fantastically cool as Taylor to agree to marry him. They will make a VERY COOL married couple. :)

Unfortunately, there is a hidden sadness in this story. Despite all of this innate coolness to be shared with the world, Joel's last "Random Thought" was posted on September 10th, 2005. That's right my friends... By my count, we have been without Joel's "Random Thoughts" for 178 days as of today.

For the sake of continued coolness within our circle of friends, I feel it is my duty to launch the "Save Joel's Blog" campaign. I'd like to enlist the support of all readers and lurkers alike. There may still be a chance to bring him back if we unite together. Don't let his blog be permanently abandoned... This might be our last chance to save it with graduation to the "3rd floor" on the horizon...

Please join me in this fight!!!

http://joelbain.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking Joel's blog several times daily in anticipation of an engagement story, and every day I have to deal with disappointment. All I know is that his dear neice Elise is now 5 years old. I almost feel like I know Elise.

Jessica said...

I know, I know Kirk... We've all felt that disappointment. Hang in there; there is still hope!

Laurie said...

I would like to be in charge of the publicity for the Save Joel's Blog campaign. I'll start by writing a radio series on the subject.

Jessica said...

Taylor, you are our best chance yet!!

Actually, speaking of random thoughts, yours would be fun to read too!! :)

erin vanv said...

I have to join in this campaign. I feel like I missed out because I didn't start reading blogs until after Joel retired.

And when did Jeremy have a blog? I feel like they were married a years before I even heard about blogs. Maybe we could get his superstar wife to bring him back into the blog domain also.

Dustin said...

I think Joel is holding out for Elise's 6th birthday.

Ryan said...

I'm giving joel 12 more days and then I'm pulling the link to his blog from my site. Harsh, I know, but 200 days is quitting in my book. I ran into Joel last sunday as he was doing some advanced scouting on the young married classes, he didn't look like a guy who was about to return to blogging any time soon. Your efforts are noble Jessica. Maybe there is still time--at least 12 days.

Dustin said...

I bet Joel forgot his password by now. Just face it, the Michael Jordan of the blog world is gone. As Michael proved in his "comeback", if you have lack of focus, it just won't be as sweet as the first time around. His focus will now be 100% on the guest list (and all other duties that Taylor gives him). OR, maybe that picture of Stan just scared him off.

Ryno, I think you can take down the link, it's all over....

Karla said...

Being a sporadic blogger myself, I have recently been chided for my lack of blogging. I haven't read Joel's blog for the same reason that I haven't added much to my own (time...the inevitable lack of time). Regardless, Joel, save the blog. I will read it. We all will read it. We promise.

Steven and Amanda said...

Let's all be honest here. Do we really want to read daily postings of sappy stories from Joel about his love for sweet Taylor? I mean, can we stomache it? You know how Joel can get!

Anonymous said...

Stan - put some clothes on.

Jessica said...

I'm in denial... Is he really not coming back??? Sniff, Sniff... :(

Anonymous said...

Even if he does not come back for good, he owes us a sign off. We must a have closure.

Joel said...

The most critical thing in the short-term is that my link doesn't get removed from Ryan's blog...so I still have a few days of my grace period left! :)

Btw, I'll go ahead and give a plug for Ryan's blog (http://rksanford.blogspot.com/) -- several good and necessary posts on postmodernism (which I'm sure I'll also blog on at some point).

Dustin said...

"which I'm sure I'll also blog on at some point"...

DON'T TEASE US JOEL!

Ryan said...

Joel, your link is now safe with me! Your appearance here on Jessica's blog has changed everything for me.

Thanks for spreading the love and I look forward to your next post.

Take heart my friends, there is yet hope.

Jessica said...

Joel, I can now resume blogging...

Your comment has broken my unofficial blog strike!! It didn't start out that way, but it just didn't seem right to keep going without you...

Glad you are making a comeback!! :)