Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Fool for Christ

"April 1st: This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three-hundred and sixty-four." - Mark Twain

When I started blogging on April Fool's Day and began thinking about all of the hoaxes that go on in the media and practical jokes amongst friends and coworkers, I was reminded of my own daily foolishness and its true definition. Surrounded by worldly wisdom and the desires of the flesh, it is so easy to have wrong thinking about true foolishness. To the world, seeking Christ and pursuing holiness is foolishness; it doesn't conform to the pattern of socially acceptable behavior in America, or anywhere else. But in God's eyes, I am foolish everytime I choose to turn away from Him in disobedience or put my own selfish desires above His desires for me.

Praise God for His grace & mercy in calling me to Himself and His enduring patience and faithfulness despite my wandering and disobedience.

"but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong," - 1 Cor 1:27 NASB

Let me be a fool chosen for Christ and His glory alone and not merely a fool of the world!!!

No comments: