Thursday, February 02, 2006

Connecting the Dots...

I love it when the Lord gives us spiritual eyes to see how He is "connecting the dots" in our lives, even if just for a brief moment...

I've been thinking a lot about this lately as there have been a few specific areas in my life that the Lord has had me in a period of trusting and waiting in faith on His timing, His plan, His will. Recently, He has begun to highlight "dots" in my life that I didn't even realize were a part of the picture He had sketched out for me. They've been the perfect combination of experiences that He has allowed into my life in His perfect sovereignty and goodness - some painful, some sweet, some forgotten, some etched forever, but all purposed for my good and sanctification.

Beth Moore taught on the verse below this week and posed a thought to the women - "Perhaps the reason we feel like we are in darkness, or sometimes can't see what is right before us, is because God's hand is covering us until He passes by."

"And the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen." - Exodus 33:21-23

We may not always see where He is going, but there is no mistaking where He has been. He has reminded me lately of several crossroads He has brought me through and how at each one He was there showing me the way to the next "dot".

I obviously don't have the full picture that the Lord has sketched out for me or any idea of the "dots" to come, but I am learning to expect the unexpected, and praise be to the Lord of all Creation! There is no better Designer to lay out the pattern perfectly suited for me that I might serve Him and glorify Him above all else!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Jessica, I can totally relate to this. Recently the Lord has also been allowing me to see certain "dots," which is causing a lot of eager anticipation on my part. I don't know what the big picture is yet either, but I am enjoying the journey and can't wait to see where He leads me!

Chris said...

and I'm about to move to the next "dot" in my life. His had IS all over this next time of connection.