Monday, February 27, 2006

Spirographs...


A coworker of mine just used the word "spirograph" in a conversation, and I just had a moment of nostalgia that I thought I'd share... I LOVED these growing up. :)

For some reason, this wasn't something I actually owned myself in my mountain of toys, but I have great memories from playing with these at friends' houses. I always loved anything with arts & crafts growing up, but the different colored designs and patterns that this thing could create were fascinating to me. I could play with this forever, or at least until the paper ran out! :)

I'm sure I could go on and on with many more of my loves from childhood -Lite Brites, Fashion Plates, Sit & Spins, etc... But I thought I'd open the opportunity to you guys to share as well... Any favorites?

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Hey Jessica! What about the easy bake oven? I loved mine!

Jessica said...

I actually didn't play with the easy bake so much, but I loved making Shrinky Dinks in the real oven! :)

kelly said...

I liked Rainbow Bright, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and Cabbage Patch Kids. I'm glad to see they're coming back around!

Jessica said...

Kelly - you are so cute... This is meant as the highest compliment to your girlyness - I'm NOT surprised!! :)

Erin said...

Just hearing you say the term "Sit and Spin" gives me that wonderful feeling of happy delirium combined with nausea. Good times!

I was also a Barbie girl, all the way. Jem and the Holograms were pretty cool too.

On the flipside, I also really like Transformers!!